CIRCULAR ECONOMY NEWS
The Circular Transition Indicators (CTI): Now available in Spanish
by World Busuness Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
Together with our partner in Chile Acción Empresas and KPMG Colombia we launched the Spanish translation of the Circular Transition Indicators framework with a view to support companies in Spanish-speaking countries to actively managing their circular transition.
The framework is simple, applicable across industries and value chains, comprehensive yet flexible, complementary to a company’s existing sustainability efforts and agnostic as to material, sector or technology. Central to the CTI stands a self-assessment that determines a company’s circular performance. To support and guide companies through this process, we have partnered with Circular IQ to develop the CTI online tool available at www.ctitool.com.
- New governing body formed to oversee voluntary carbon marketson September 21, 2021
The Taskforce on Scaling Voluntary Carbon Markets has announced the formation of an independent governance body for carbon markets and credits that will aim to […]
- UK's first sovereign green bond package raises £10bnon September 21, 2021
The UK Government has today (21 September) launched its first green gilt, with reports that investors have placed a record £90bn in orders for the bond.
- Cosmetics giants team up to create environmental scorecards for product labellingon September 21, 2021
Unilever, L'Oreal, Henkel, LVMH and Body Shop owner Natura & Co have begun a new collaboration to develop an industry-wide system for measuring and […]
- $1 Billion for Natureby Iain Robertson on September 21, 2021
Amazon boss Jeff Bezos launched the Bezos Earth Fund last year committing $10 billion to the global fight against climate change. And this week the fund has […]
- Countdown to Climate Week NYCby Iain Robertson on September 17, 2021
Climate Week NYC kicks off in the Big Apple Monday with a packed programme of virtual and hybrid events. The tagline this year is getting it done, and between […]
- You will never recycle aloneby Susan Robertson on September 16, 2021
Liverpool FC announced today it is implementing a ‘closed loop recycling model’ to deal with the half a million plastic bottles used at its stadium every […]
- The UK’s new ‘right to repair’ is not a right to repairby Green Alliance blog on July 6, 2021
This post is by Libby Peake, head of resource policy at Green Alliance, and Ugo Vallauri of The Restart Project. We’ve all experienced the frustration of a […]
- What’s in store for the next phase of the Circular Economy Task Forceby Green Alliance blog on June 29, 2021
This post is by Libby Peake, head of resources and Tom Booker, policy assistant at Green Alliance. In 2012, the year we launched our Circular Economy Task […]
- The government’s aim to eliminate waste is spot on, now we need to see actionby Libby Peake on October 2, 2020
“There’s never actually been a more exciting time to be working in resources and waste”, according to Environment Minister Rebecca Pow, who was […]